Irish Cherries Jubilee
- 1 (20 ounce) can sweet cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey, heated
- 2 ounces kirsch, heated
- 16 ounces vanilla ice cream
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Combine the reserved
juice and arrowroot, blending well. Pour into a preheated flat shallow chafing dish, and stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon stick and lemon juice, and then add the cherries and heat to boiling. Remove the cinnamon stick and pour on the preheated liquors and ignite.
- Ladle the flamed cherries over ice cream or other dessert.
Yield: 4 servings