Irish Whiskey Pie
- Chocolate ready-to-use pie crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 2 3/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- Green food coloring
- Combine gelatine, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in saucepan.
- Beat egg yolk slightly. Add egg yolks, cream and whiskey to gelatine
mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in mint jelly.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Beat in remaining sugar until mixture holds
a stiff peak. Fold meringue and 2 cups whipped topping into custard mixture Add green food coloring to desired
shade. Turn into crust.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and refrigerate until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours before cutting.