- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chopped green maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup whole green maraschino cherries
- Chocolate curls
- Prepare cake mix following package directions, substituting
1/4 cup creme de menthe for 1/4 cup water. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-inch layer cake pans; bake as directed.
- Whip cream with tablespoons creme de menthe. Spread 1/3 of whipped
cream between cake layers. Heap remaining whipped cream on top.
- Arrange whole cherries and chocolate curls over whipped cream.