Luck o' the Irish Cake Pops
Give the cake pop trend some St. Patrick’s Day spirit with green food color and
decorate with shamrock sprinkles for a festive dessert, inside and out.
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 bag (14 ounces) white confectionary coating wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding food color.
- Bake as directed on package for 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended.
Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt coating wafers as directed on package. For each Cake Pop, dip 1/2 inch of
lollipop stick into melted coating. Insert dipped end of lollipop stick halfway
into cake ball. Let stand until coating is set. Dip each cake pop into melted coating.
Shake gently to remove excess coating. Sprinkle or roll cake pops in green sprinkles,
if desired. Place cake pops in Styrofoam blocks.
- Let stand until coating is set.
Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cake pop) servings)
Prep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 35 min
Test Kitchen Tips
Substitute 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting for the marshmallow
If styrofoam blocks are not available, use upside-down foam egg cartons or a
cardboard box to hold the cake pops.
per serving Calories: 226 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 32 g Cholesterol: 23 mg
Sodium: 176 mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick