Luck of the Irish Crispy Treats
Scatter golden foil-wrapped chocolate candy coins over and around these emerald
green crispy treats. You'll think you've found the Irish pot of gold at the end
of the rainbow!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon
McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (50 drops) McCormick® Green Food
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil. Lightly butter or spray foil with no stick cooking
spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven on low heat. Add marshmallows; stir
constantly until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and food color until smooth. Quickly add cereal to marshmallow
mixture and stir until well coated.
- Press into prepared pan using a buttered spatula. Cool.
- Cut into bars or use a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter.
Makes 24 (2-inch square) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15
Microwave Directions: Melt butter and marshmallows in large microwavable bowl
on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Continue with Step 3.
per serving: Calories: 82 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 84 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g
Reprinted with permission from