Lucky Mint Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) chocolate flavor crumb pie crust
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Several drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, melt chips with 1/3 cup of the sweetened
condensed milk. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread on bottom of
- With mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy; gradually
beat in remaining sweetened condensed milk, mint extract and
green food coloring. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Place pie crust on baking sheet; place on oven rack. Carefully
pour mint mixture over chocolate layer in pie crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Cool. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings