Lucky You Mint Pie
Feel extra lucky (even if you’re not Irish) with this refreshingly decadent mint
and chocolate pie. A layer of rich chocolate ganache topped with a creamy mint layer
will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounce) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Microwave1 cup morsels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in butter; pour
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract
and 3 drops food coloring in medium bowl until combined.
- Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping and additional drop of food coloring, if
desired. Spoon over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle with additional morsels. Spoon remaining whipped topping in center of
pie. Garnish with fresh mint.
Prepn Time: 15 min | Cool Time: 2 hr 20 min | 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com