Saint Patrick's Day Recipes
Lucky You Mint Pie
Feel extra lucky (even if you’re not Irish) with this refreshingly decadent mint and chocolate pie. A layer of rich chocolate ganache topped with a creamy mint layer will quickly become a family favorite.
Prep: 15 min | Cool: 2 hr 20 min | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared 9 inch (6 ounce) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Microwave1 cup morsels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in butter; pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract and 3 drops food coloring in medium bowl until combined.
- Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping and additional drop of food coloring, if desired. Spoon over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle with additional morsels. Spoon remaining whipped topping in center of pie. Garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com