Mint-Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 (2-layer size) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) box JELL-O Pistachio Flavor InstantPudding & Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 20 chocolate-covered thin mint candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, extract and food coloring
in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on medium
speed 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate. Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. (Do not over-bake.)
- Remove cake from oven. Place candies in single layer on top of cake.
- Return to oven. Bake an additional 3 minutes or until candies begin to melt.
Immediately spread melted candies evenly over cake to cover top of cake.
- Cool completely.
Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 15 servings
Size-Wise: Looking for a dessert to serve at a party? Chocolate and mint are
a winning combination in this cake that serves 15 people. Note If using cake mix
with pudding in the mix, reduce water to 3/4 cup.
Substitute 1 1/2 cups BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks for the chopped
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com