Shamrock Mint Cupcakes
'Tis the luck o' the Irish you'll be gettin' when you top cake-mix
cupcakes with a simple shamrock design.
- 1 box (1 pound 2.25 ounces) chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- Water, vegetable
oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup creme de menthe or mint baking
chips (from 10-ounce bag)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container (12
ounces) fluffy white whipped frosting
- 24 large green gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low
speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir
in baking chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Stir peppermint extract into frosting until well blended; spread on cupcakes.
To garnish each cupcake, cut 1 gumdrop into 4 slices. Place 3 rounds on cupcake
to make shamrock leaves; press remaining round into thin strip and place below leaves
Yield: 24 cupcakes
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude cake mix directions for cupcakes.
Reprinted with permission from