Beef in Guinness
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) shin of beef
- 2 large onions
- 6 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- A little fat or beef dripping
- 1 cup Guinness and water mixed
- Sprig of parsley
- Cut beef into chunks.
- Peel and slice the onions and carrots.
- Toss the beef in the flour and brown quickly in hot fat.
- Remove the beef and fry the onions gently until transparent.
- Return the beef and add the carrots and the liquid. Bring just to a
boil, reduce the heat to a very gently simmer, cover closely and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Check so the dish does not dry
out, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.