Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 pounds corned beef
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 2 pounds cabbage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Peel onion and stud with cloves. Put corned beef, onion parsley
and peppercorns in a large pot and cover with water. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook gently until tender,
2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cut cabbage into wedges and core. Add to the pot, cover and
simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream with horseradish.
- Serve the meat and cabbage with some of the broth ladled over
all and the horseradish on the side.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 553 calories, 36g protein, 40g fat, 2808 mg
sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 135 mg cholesterol
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.