Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 pounds corned beef
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 2 pounds cabbage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Peel onion and stud with cloves. Put corned beef, onion parsley
and peppercorns in a large pot and cover with water. Cover,
bring to a simmer and cook gently until tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cut cabbage into wedges and core. Add to the pot, cover and
simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream with horseradish.
- Serve the meat and cabbage with some of the broth
ladled over all and the horseradish on the side.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 553 calories, 36g protein, 40g fat, 2808 mg
sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 135 mg cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes