Corned Beef and Cabbage
This traditional Irish favorite is a one-pot, complete meal that is so easy to
prepare, you won't want to save it for just the wearing o' the green.
- 1 corned beef brisket, trimmed (3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic, Minced
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water.
Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- Bring just to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours. (Do not boil.)
- Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- Slice brisket across the grain.
- Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 2 hr 45 min
per serving Calories: 393 Fat: 25 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Cholesterol: 119
mg Sodium: 1349 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 23 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes