Corned Beef Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1/2 pound cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Dash white pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large bowl, mix together cubed beef, rice, mustard, and pepper.
- Cut out core end of cabbage and remove 8 whole leaves. Soak
the leaves in hot water until limp.
- Chop remaining cabbage and add to beef and rice mixture.
- Roll up 1/4 cup meat mixture in each cabbage leaf. Reserve any
remaining meat mixture.
- In large skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add tomato
puree, bay leaves, sugar, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes,
stirring frequently. Remove bay leaves.
- Place cabbage rolls in a Dutch oven or large casserole. Top
with any remaining meat mixture. Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 80-90 minutes until cabbage
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes