Corned Beef Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1/2 pound cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Dash white pepper
- In large bowl, mix together cubed beef, rice, mustard, and pepper.
- Cut out core end of cabbage and remove 8 whole leaves. Soak the leaves in
hot water until limp.
- Chop remaining cabbage and add to beef and rice mixture.
- Roll up 1/4 cup meat mixture in each cabbage leaf. Reserve any remaining meat mixture.
- In large skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add tomato
puree, bay leaves, sugar, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove bay leaves.
- Place cabbage rolls in a Dutch oven or large casserole. Top with any remaining
meat mixture. Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 80-90 minutes until cabbage is
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.