Deep Dish Reuben Pie
- 1 deep-dish pie crust shell
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, flaked corned beef
- 4 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- In mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt,
pepper and mustard. Add sauerkraut, ground chuck and corned
beef. Mix well.
- Place half of meat mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle
1/2 of cheese over mixture. Cover with remaining meat mixture.
Top with cheese.
- Bake on a preheated cookie sheet at 400 degrees
F until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly, about 25 to 30
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Women's Circle Home Cooking, March 1982
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes