Deep Dish Reuben Pie
- 1 deep-dish pie crust shell
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, flaked corned beef
- 4 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- In mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt,
pepper and mustard. Add sauerkraut, ground chuck and corned beef. Mix well.
- Place half of meat mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese
over mixture. Cover with remaining meat mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake on a preheated cookie sheet at 400 degrees F until crust
is brown and cheese is bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Women's Circle Home Cooking, March 1982
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.