Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef with
Savory Cabbage and Red Potatoes
Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef will be the star of your Saint Patrick's day dinner. It is also an excellent
source of fiber, protein, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin and vitamin B6.
- 1 boneless Corned Beef Brisket with seasoning packet (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, including white and green parts
- 1/2 cup horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head green cabbage, cored, cut into 6 wedges (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Position oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place Corned Beef Brisket in roasting pan; sprinkle garlic, contents of seasoning
packet and peppercorns around and over brisket. Add water; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Braise in upper third of 350 degree F oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket
- Meanwhile, place butter, green onions, horseradish, ground pepper and salt in
glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter melts; mix well.
- Place cabbage wedges on one half of baking sheet and potatoes on other half.
Drizzle remaining horseradish-butter mixture over vegetables, turning cabbage and tossing potatoes to coat. Cover with
- Roast in lower third of 350 degree F oven with brisket 55 minutes.
- Uncover vegetables; continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are
tender and begin to brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- Remove brisket from roasting pan; place on rack in broiler pan so surface of
brisket is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush glaze over brisket; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until glaze is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Cover and refrigerate
1/2 of brisket (about 12 ounces) and 2 cups potatoes for Rustic Corned Beef & Potato Bake.
- Serve remaining brisket and potatoes with cabbage.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 568 calories; 34 g fat (16 g saturated
fat; 12 g monounsaturated fat); 129 mg cholesterol; 1344 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate;
9.3 g fiber; 22 g protein; 2.9 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12;
4.1 mg iron; 29.7 mcg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.