Donegal Crab Pie
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat
- 1 1/2 pounds puff pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 pint dry cider
- Salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Line a deep 12-inch pie tin with the pastry and chill for 1
hour. Also chill pastry for top of pie and brush with egg white.
- Flake crab meat and put into crust followed by celery, parsley,
cider and seasoning.
- Beat eggs and milk together and add the nutmeg. Add to pie tin.
- Put pastry on top and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Serve at once.