- 1 pound bacon slices
- 2 pounds pork sausage links
- Bacon fat or vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 4 large potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 bouquet garni
- Black pepper
- Hard cider (apple wine) or apple cider
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Lightly fry bacon until crisp. Place in large cooking pot.
- Brown sausage in some bacon grease or vegetable oil. Remove and add
- Soften sliced onions and whole garlic cloves in fat,
then add to pot with potatoes and carrots. Bury the bouquet garni in the middle of the mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.
Cover with cider. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours over medium-low heat; do not boil.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.