Galway Bay Oyster Casserole
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine, dry
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 20 oysters, shucked, liquor reserved
- 1/2 cup white breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms lightly in the butter. Add flour
and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Combine milk and cream. Add to onion-mushroom mixture. Bring
to a boil stirring frequently. Add sherry, cayenne, parsley and oyster liquor to the sauce. Arrange opened
oysters on individual ovenproof plates (cassoulets). Pour over the sauce and sprinkle the top with the
- Bake for 14 minutes and they are golden.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Elegant Irish Cooking
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.