Galway Bay Oyster Casserole
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine, dry
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 20 oysters, shucked, liquor reserved
- 1/2 cup white breadcrumbs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms lightly in the butter. Add flour
and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Combine milk and cream. Add to onion-mushroom mixture. Bring
to a boil stirring frequently. Add sherry, cayenne, parsley
and oyster liquor to the sauce. Arrange opened oysters on individual
ovenproof plates (cassoulets). Pour over the sauce and sprinkle
the top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 14 minutes and they are golden.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Elegant Irish Cooking
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes