Gammon (Ham) Steaks with Whiskey Sauce
- 4 ham steaks
- 2 ounces butter, melted (divided)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whiskey
- 1 ounce flour
- 3/4 cup water or stock
- Salt and/or pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brush steaks with 1 ounce melted butter. Snip fat to prevent
curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until
- Remove from heat and stir in flour gradually. Add stock.
Return to heat. Add sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer gently
for about 2 minutes to cook flour. If sauce seems a little thick,
add more water.
- Add whiskey and season to taste.
- Place gammon steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes