Irish Bacon with Pasta
- 4 slices Shannon Traditional Irish Bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 ounces dried corkscrew pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare the pasta as directed on the manufacturer's packaging,
in a pot of lightly salted water brought to a rolling boil.
- While the pasta is roiling in the pot, cook the Irish bacon
strips in a non-stick skillet over medium heat just until brown.
- Stir in garlic and chopped onion; cover and cook for several
minutes or until onion is soft.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken broth to
the skillet. Season with the hot pepper flakes, and add the
fresh broccoli. If using frozen broccoli florets, make sure
the vegetable is completely thawed and drained well.
- Cover the skillet, and cook the mixture for 7 to 8 minutes,
until broccoli is just crisp-tender and still bright green.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and
black pepper to taste.
- Toss the bacon and broccoli with the hot cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes