Irish Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion,
salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas
and cook only 5 minutes longer.
- Add dumplings.
- To make dumplings: Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough
forms. Drop by tablespoonsful onto BOILING stew. Simmer covered
for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes