Irish Hot Pot
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, scraped and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cooked rice (not instant)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peas with liquid
- 1 (20 ounce) package sausage links or ground chuck, browned
- 1 (15 ounce) can condensed cream of tomato soup diluted with a soup can of water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a buttered, 4-quart casserole layer the potatoes, onions
and carrots, seasoning each layer as you go with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with rice, then the peas with
their liquid and top with the meat. Pour the diluted soup over all.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cover, turn sausages (if using) and bake an additional
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.