Irish Loin of Pork with Lemon and Herbs
- 6 pound boneless pork loin
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pat pork dry. Score well with sharp knife.
- Combine parsley, onion, peel, basil, and garlic in a small bowl.
Whisk in 2/3 of oil. Rub into pork. Wrap in foil and refrigerate
- Let pork stand at room temperature for 1 hour before roasting.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush pork with remaining olive oil. Set on rack in shallow pan.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part
of meat registers 170 degrees F, about 2 1/2 hours. Set meat
- Degrease pan juices. Blend sherry into pan juices. Cover and
cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Pour into sauceboat.
- Transfer pork to platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
- Serve sauce separately.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> St. Patrick's Day Recipes