Luck o' the Irish Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion,
salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cover and cook over low
heat about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas
and cook only 5 minutes longer.
- Add dumplings.
- To make dumplings: Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough
forms. Drop by tablespoonsful onto BOILING stew. Simmer covered
for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Calories 560; Protein 42g; Total Fat 11g; Cholesterol 29mg;
Carbohydrates 102g; Fiber 8g