Spiced Corned Beef Glazed
in Cranapple Sauce
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole black pepper
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 cups Cranapple juice
- 4 teaspoons prepared hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Grated peel and juice of 2 oranges
- Place corned beef and remaining ingredients except sauce in large kettle, adding
enough water to cover beef. Simmer for 3 hours or until tender.
- Cool. Slice thin. Place overlapping slices in shallow baking dish. Pour Cranapple
Sauce over beef.
- Bake, basting frequently, in a 350 degree F oven about 40 minutes.
- Place on large platter. Pour remaining sauce over beef and serve.
- Cranapple Sauce: Combine ingredients in saucepan. Heat thoroughly.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Women's Circle Home Cooking, March, 1982