Trimlestown Roast Sirloin
- 1 (3 pound) sirloin roast
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 10 ounces red wine
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 ounces flour
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Wipe meat, season and place in a roasting pan. Place pan in
oven and bake for one hour.
- Add the whiskey and wine to the pan. Cook for a further hour,
basting once more.
- Remove the roast from the pan, place on a serving dish and keep
warm. Pour off excess fat from the meat juices, adding water
to bring to about 15 ounces.
- Beat the butter into the flour to form a smooth paste. Add a
little of the juices to this and mix well, then pour onto juices,
mixing again, and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes
to cook flour. Correct the seasoning. If the sauce is too thick,
add a little more water.
- Serve separately in a gravy boat.
Per serving: 190 Calories; 6g Fat (49% calories from fat);
2g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 16mg Cholesterol; 63mg Sodium