- 1 (2- to 3-pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 8 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Dijon-style mustard
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into slow cooker. Sprinkle
spices from packet evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.
- Place meat in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine water, the 1/3 cup mustard and horseradish. Pour mustard
mixture over meat. Top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook on the LOW heat setting for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Arrange
slices on bottom of rolls.
- Use a slotted spoon, to place some of the cooked cabbage on top of the corned
beef slices. Spread more mustard on roll tops. Replace roll tops.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: All Time Favorites, Slow Cooker by Better Homes and Gardens