Green Mashed Potatoes
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, cooked as directed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook and mash potatoes. Add sour cream, sugar, butter, salt
and pepper. Beat until light and fluffy. Add a little milk for creamy consistency. Add chives and well-drained
spinach and beat well.
- Put into casserole and sprinkle cheese on top. Refrigerate.
- To serve, bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.