Irish Potato Casserole
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces cream cheese (soft)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for approximately 30 minutes
or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Add potatoes
and remaining ingredients, except paprika; beat just until combined. Spoon mixture into a lightly buttered
2-quart casserole; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings