Lucky Irish Twice Baked Potatoes
The luck of the Irish smile on these cheesy stuffed baked potatoes with California Avocado and Guacamole.
Serving Suggestions: Serve alongside a juicy steak, or serve as the main dish with a fresh green salad.
Beverage Pairings: Delicious with a glass of Chardonnay.
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated jack cheese, or grated cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Guacamole: Mash avocado chunks with lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and salt; blend until creamy.
- Baked Potatoes: Heat oven to 450 degree F. Bake whole potatoes in oven for 1 hour; remove potatoes and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl; whip until creamy with electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chives and avocado pieces.
- Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets and bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 480; Total Fat 31 g (Sat 12 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 55 mg; Sodium 640 mg; Potassium 1289 mg; Total Carbohydrates 42 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 14 g;
Vitamin A 988 IU; Vitamin C 27 mg; Calcium 272 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 127 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
California Avocado Board