Lucky Pockets o'Green
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (1.4 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low fat sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package low fat cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough, divided
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw spinach and press to remove moisture. Blend together spinach,
soup mix, sour cream, cream cheese, water chestnuts and green onions.
- On a greased baking sheet, spread out 1 can of crescent roll
dough into 4 separate rectangles. Spread spinach mixture on top of rectangles, then sprinkle with chopped eggs
and top with remaining 4 rectangles from second can of dough. Cut each rectangle in half and seal all edges
with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm as a vegetable side dish.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 305, protein
14 g, carbohydrates 39 g, fat 10 g (4 g saturated, 6 g unsaturated),
cholesterol 97 mg, calcium 164 mg, iron 3 mg, sodium 866 mg