Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 8 ounces green cabbage, cored and diced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped to large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add corned beef, stirring
occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots, onion and caraway seeds. Cook stirring
occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Add potato, broth, juice and black pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; simmer until vegetables are tender (about
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Woman's Day magazine