Guinness Black Bean Soup
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 3 to 4 bottles Guinness Stout beer
- 1/2 cup paste-style beef base
- 4 cups ground corned beef
- 4 cups black turtle beans
- Brown bacon in oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions; cook until translucent and add garlic.
- Add water and beef paste, turtle beans, carrots, and corned
beef; cook over medium heat until the beans are about half done.
- Add Guinness to soup and cook on low until beans are soft
(you may have to add additional water).
- Season with salt and pepper.