Irish Sausage and Bacon Stew
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 8-12 slices streaky bacon
- 1 pound sausages
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup butter parsley salt and pepper
- Place the onions and potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and add it to the saucepan. Season
with salt and pepper. Add the cold water and lay the sausages on top. Place the pan over a high heat and
bring to a boil. Dissolve the stock cube in the water. Lower the heat once it comes to a boil, taking the water
down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas, parsley and any more salt and pepper,
- Serve in soup bowls with a knob of butter on top.