Asparagus and Crab Salad
This salad makes a delicious main course for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups cut-up fresh or frozen Michigan asparagus
- 12 ounces crab meat (fresh or canned) or imitation crab
- 1 (10-ounce) bag lettuce mix
- 1 cup 1/2-inch pieces cantaloupe
- 1 cup sliced seedless cucumber
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Salad: Steam or microwave asparagus until tender-crisp. Drain and let cool.
- Cut crab into bite-size pieces.
- Combine asparagus and crab in a large bowl; add lettuce mix, cantaloupe and cucumber.
- Pour salad dressing over all. Toss to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Substitute 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken for the crab, if desired.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board