Cajun Shrimp Salad
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomatoes, stewed - Cajun style
- 8 ounces shell macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 bunch scallions, including tops
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, more or less to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, cool.
- Cook shrimp, by steaming until color turns from gray to pink. Be careful not
to over-cook shrimp or it will be mushy in texture.
- Peel and cut shrimp into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop celery into small pieces.
- Slice green onions.
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Season with more Old Bay seasoning, if desired.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley before serving.