California Shrimp Bowl
- 1 1/2 pounds unshelled medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 celery tops (or more)
- Salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing (bottled or homemade)
- Drop shrimp into boiling salted water to cover and add pickling spice and celery
- Bring again to boil and cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain, peel and devein shrimp.
- Place in bowl, cover tightly and chill several hours.
- Line serving bowl with greens.
- Arrange shrimp and tomato wedges in bowl.
- Sprinkle with capers and garnish with sliced eggs.
- Sprinkle with dressing and serve at once.
- Pass more dressing, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings