Cashew Shrimp Salad in Tomato Cups
- 1 pound cooked shrimp meat
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted and salted cashews
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp meat, cashews, bell pepper, green onion and
parsley; stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic; whisk
- Pour dressing over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, cut a small circle out of the tops of the tomatoes and carefully scoop
out seeds inside.
- Place tomatoes on individual plates and fill with chilled salad,
placing any remaining salad on plate around tomatoes.
Makes 6 servings.