Catalina Seafood Salad
- 3/4 cup cooked shrimp (small shrimp or halved larger shrimp)
- 3/4 cup cooked
scallops (if large, halve or quarter scallops)
- 1/2 cup Alaskan crabmeat, flaked
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced plums
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup thinly
sliced honeydew or cantaloupe melon
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green pepper
cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Catalina-style salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Tropical fruit juice concentrate
- 2 cups mixed greens, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, plums, pineapple, melon,
green pepper, red pepper and parsley.
- Drizzle lemon juice over all and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine Catalina-style salad dressing and fruit juice concentrate.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad ingredients.
- Toss and serve over mixed greens.
Yields 6 servings.
Reprinted with permission from
the Association for Dressings & Sauces.