Crab Louis in Avocado Boats
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons prepared imported mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions, including green part
- 4 large green stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 pound crab meat chunks
- 4 ripe avocados
- Lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and egg yolk.
- Beat with a wire whisk.
- Add the oil gradually, beating rapidly.
- When thick and smooth, add the chili sauce, scallions and olives.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the crab meat in a mixing bowl and add half the sauce.
- Mix gently so as not to break up the crab lumps.
- Split the avocados in half and discard the pits.
- Pile equal portions of the crab into the avocado halves.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over this.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Garnish the crab filling with egg slices.