Crab Salad Nicoise
- 4 medium boiling potatoes
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/4 cup small ripe black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool for
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a shallow dish.
- Cook beans in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender; drain and cool for
- Add to potatoes.
- Combine oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a small jar with tight-fitting
lid. Shake well and pour two thirds of the dressing over potatoes, and beans.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on four plates and spoon potato/string bean mixture
- Divide crabmeat among the plates and garnish with olives and tomatoes.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
Nutrition Information (per serving) Calories: 428 Fat: 22g Protein: 21.2g
Cholesterol: 53.9mg Sodium: 465mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Fisheries Institute