This may be prepared in advance of serving.
- 2 pounds medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 quart water
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Drain
at once and place in serving bowl. Add the lemon, onion, olives and pimiento; toss
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, oil, Lea & Perrins, garlic, salt and
Tabasco sauce; mix well. Stir this marinade into the shrimp mixture. Cover; refrigerate
at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.
Source: An old Lea & Perrins booklet