Feta and Shrimp Cool Summer Salad
Shrimp, bell peppers, jicama, mixed greens and feta cheese embellished with a
refreshing, seasoned lime and olive oil marinade.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
cup sliced bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, and/or green)
- 1/2 cup sliced jicama
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups (about 9 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin feta
- For the marinade, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade
over the shrimp in a glass bowl; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or more.
- For the salad, in another glass bowl, combine the peppers and jicama slices,
and toss with the remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or more.
- Sauté the shrimp with the marinade in a skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5
minutes or until fully cooked.
- To serve, toss the salad, marinated vegetables, and shrimp together. Top with
Instead of sautéing the shrimp, you can grill or broil it.
Reprinted with permission from
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.