Fiery Shrimp and Mango Salad
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) each rice vinegar and lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pound (450 mL) large, cooked, shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1 green mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) very thinly sliced red onion
- 8 Boston or radicchio lettuce leaves
- In large bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, lime zest and
hot pepper sauce.
- Whisking constantly, drizzle in sesame and vegetable oils until
- Stir in coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp, mango and onion to
bowl; toss until well combined; taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place equal amounts of shrimp/mango mixture on each lettuce leaf.