Fried Pepper-Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded
and cut into long, thin strips
- 3 medium yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut
into long, thin strips
- 1 large Anaheim pepper, cored, seeded, cut into long,
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1/8 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper to
- 20 to 30 arugula sprigs
- 1 head Romaine
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In a large skillet heat 1 cup of olive oil until hot. Add the peppers and scallions;
reduce heat and fry until they start to brown. Remove to bowl, taking care to include
all the juices.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil,
garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until garlic begins to give off its aroma,
about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until done. Test for doneness by opening and checking one
of the shrimp.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in bowl with peppers. Mix well and place in
refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve over lettuce and arugula leaves.