Orange Caesar Salad
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts Florida Orange Juice *, divided
- 1 1/2 cups olive
- 3 cups Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Old
- 96 Peeled and deveined 21/25 count shrimp (2 1/2 pounds)
cups cleaned and cut Romaine lettuce, 1"x 1" (3 pounds)
- 6 cups seasoned
- 1 quart Florida Orange Sections (2 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
* May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
- To prepare the dressing, combine the anchovy paste, mustard and 1 tablespoon
of garlic in a food processor; puree until smooth. While the processor is running,
slowly add 2 cups of the Florida Orange Juice followed by the olive oil; mix until
incorporated, cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare the marinade, combine the Florida Grapefruit Juice, lime juice, Old
Bay® Seasoning, remaining garlic and remaining Florida Orange Juice; reserve. Place
eight shrimp on each of 12 skewers and marinate in the refrigerator for four hours.
Discard the marinade, cover and refrigerate the shrimp until needed.
- To prepare each salad, grill one shrimp skewer (2-3 minutes per side), and keep
warm. Toss 4 cups of lettuce with 1/4 cup of dressing and place the greens on a
plate. Top the greens with a 1/2 cup of croutons, 1/3 cup of Florida Orange Sections,
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and the shrimp from one skewer.
Recipe and photograph courtesy Florida Department of Citrus.