Orange Caesar Salad
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic, divided
- 1 1/2 quarts Florida Orange Juice *, divided
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 cups Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay® Seasoning
- 96 Peeled and deveined 21/25 count shrimp (2 1/2 pounds)
- 48 cups cleaned and cut Romaine lettuce, 1"x 1" (3 pounds)
- 6 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 quart Florida Orange Sections (2 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
- To prepare the dressing, combine the anchovy paste, mustard and 1 tablespoon
of garlic in a food processor; puree until smooth. While the processor is running,
slowly add 2 cups of the Florida Orange Juice followed by the olive oil; mix until
incorporated, cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare the marinade, combine the Florida Grapefruit Juice, lime juice, Old
Bay® Seasoning, remaining garlic and remaining Florida Orange Juice; reserve. Place
eight shrimp on each of 12 skewers and marinate in the refrigerator for four hours.
Discard the marinade, cover and refrigerate the shrimp until needed.
- To prepare each salad, grill one shrimp skewer (2-3 minutes per side), and keep
warm. Toss 4 cups of lettuce with 1/4 cup of dressing and place the greens on a
plate. Top the greens with a 1/2 cup of croutons, 1/3 cup of Florida Orange Sections,
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and the shrimp from one skewer.
Recipe and photograph courtesy Florida Department of Citrus
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish and Seafood Salad Recipes