Palace Court Salad
This is an original from the Garden Court of the venerable Palace Hotel in San
- 1 pound fresh crab meat or cooked and shelled small shrimp
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 6 large cooked artichoke bottoms
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
- In a bowl combine the crab or shrimp, celery and onion. Add just enough mayonnaise
to bind the ingredients together. Set aside.
- On each plate place a thick slice of tomato, put an artichoke bottom on it, then
the crab or shrimp mixture. Circle each mound with some shredded lettuce and garnish
with chopped egg.
- Serve with Louis Dressing or Green Goddess Dressing on the side.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.