Palace Court Salad
This is an original from the Garden Court of the venerable Palace Hotel in San
- 1 pound fresh crab meat or cooked and shelled small shrimp
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 6 large cooked artichoke bottoms
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
- In a bowl combine the crab or shrimp, celery and onion. Add just enough mayonnaise
to bind the ingredients together. Set aside.
- On each plate place a thick slice of tomato, put an artichoke bottom on it, then
the crab or shrimp mixture. Circle each mound with some shredded lettuce and garnish
with chopped egg.
- Serve with Louis Dressing or Green Goddess Dressing on the side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish and Seafood Salad Recipes