Pico de Gallo Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup tomato (about 1 medium), chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chile
- 2 tablespoons
minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes)
teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- For the salad: Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate
while the dressing is prepared.
- For the dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and
stir vigorously until smooth.
- Gently stir the dressing into the shrimp mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Variation for serving: Place lettuce cups on each plate. Scoop salad into cups.
Garnish with sliced red and yellow tomatoes and avocado.