South Pacific Seafood Bowl
This is a favorite recipe from the California Iceberg Lettuce Commission.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Green Goddess Dressing
- 8 ounces cooked prawns or
- 1 papaya
- 2 kiwifruit
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 8 whole strawberries
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Core, rinse and drain lettuce; chill in disposable plastic bag or plastic crisper.
- Prepare Green Goddess Dressing. Combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped
scallion, 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon flavor white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped
parsley, 1/2 teaspoon each tarragon, crumbled, and anchovy paste, and 1/8 teaspoon
pressed fresh garlic.
- Shortly before serving, cut lettuce in bite-size chunks to measure 1 1/2 quarts.
Place in 4 individual serving bowls.
- Cut prawns in halves lengthwise.
- Peel papaya, kiwifruit and pineapple. Seed papaya and cut into wedges. Slice
kiwifruit, and cut pineapple into spears.
- Arrange shrimp and fruits on lettuce. Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serve with Green Goddess Dressing.
Makes 4 servings; 1 cup dressing