Traditional Lobster Salad
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat (or 5 pounds live lobsters)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or tarragon mayonnaise
- 3 small scallions, white and most of the green parts, thinly sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- If using live lobsters, steam or boil them, let cool, then remove the meat and
cut into 1/2 -inch dice.
- Place the cucumber in a colander for at least 5 minutes to drain the excess liquid.
- Combine the lobster, cucumber and mayonnaise. If the salad is to be served within
the hour, add the scallions. If not, add them 30 minutes before serving. Season
with salt if needed, and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 for sandwiches or as a light entree.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish and Seafood Salad Recipes